Skip to content

Home Insurance

Your Home is your special space of warmth created by the perfect blend of people, emotions and objects. Our Home Insurance Policy covers private residential home and/or it’s household contents (including computers and ancillary equipment) against losses due to insured perils.

We issued first policy on 1st December, 1993.

What’s covered?

Home Insurance covers loss or damage for residential house and it’s household contents due to:

  • Fire and lightning
  • Air peril, Water peril, Land or Rock slide/subsidence
  • Earthquake
  • Explosion, Implosion, Damage by Aircraft
  • Theft and robbery
  • Impact Damage/ Self-Ignition Damage
  • Additional Coverage
    • Removal of debris
    • Personal Accident cover for up to 5 members of the insured family @ Rs. 5 Lakh per person within the premises due to insured perils
    • Architect, Engineering or Surveyor fee

Optional coverage

  • Riot, Strike, Malicious and Terrorism Damage (RSMTD)

What’s required to get insured?

  • Duly completed proposal Form
  • KYC form to be duly completed
  • Property content list
  • Ownership Document (LalPurja)
  • Drawings (Naxa), Completion Certificate
  • Valuation Report (if any)

What’s required for claim?

  • Claim Intimation(by letter or email)
  • Duly completed claim form.
  • Details of loss estimate from a recognized/authorized consultant/dealer/firm/repairer towards repair/replacement.
  • FIR lodged on the concerned Police authority.
  • Original Report from the concerned authorities of Police, Municipal Authority, VDC etc.  
  • Spot Investigation Report (SarjaminMuchulka) of the loss.
  • Report from hydrological and meteorological department.(In case of loss due to storm, tempest, hurricane, cyclone, heavy rainfall, flood)
  • Report of your Technician/expert certifying the cause and extent of damage/loss where the same can be repaired or needs replacement.
  • Fire Brigade report (if any).
  • Tax invoice of repair/replacement.
  • Documentary proof of ownership and it’s legitimacy such as (Title deed/Lal Purja, Drawing of house, Construction permit, Construction Completion Certificate, Purchase bill/s etc.)
  • Any additional documents and information that may be required during the investigation by Insurer or Adjuster.

Read More Show Less